Home » FAQ


I am looking to alter a listed property. How can Parker Dann help me to acquire the correct planning permission for this?2020-11-26T14:43:37+00:00

Through our experience of obtaining planning permission and listed building consent for previous historic environment and conservation area projects, we recognise the importance of ensuring that alterations and development projects relating to listed properties must assimilate well within their sensitive surroundings. With this in mind, we will ensure that the development is of a high standard of design and sympathetic to its context. We will work closely with the relevant local planning authority to address their requirements, including compliance with relevant historic environment planning policy and guidance, and the provisions set out in the Town & Country Planning (Listed Buildings & Conservation Areas) Act 1990. The professional chartered town planners at Parker Dann will work closely with architects throughout the process, to develop plans and proposals with careful consideration of the sensitive nature of the case.

I live in a sensitive location, recognised as high quality landscape and have been told it will be hard to get planning permission. Can Parker Dann help with this?2020-11-26T14:43:20+00:00

Parker Dann has extensive experience putting together proposals for new buildings in the countryside, whether in an isolated location or in areas of high quality landscape. The experienced team of professional planners at our practice will offer extensive assistance with the preparation of greenfield site planning applications or agricultural planning and development applications, including obtaining the necessary information and supporting documentation to support such proposals and holding pre­application meetings with local planning authorities to enable planning permission to be granted. We will offer the best of our services to support you throughout the process.

I am looking to set up my own business but need to obtain planning permission first. How can Parker Dann assist me?2020-11-26T14:43:03+00:00

We regularly support commercial and retail planning development proposals for businesses, investors, landowners and developers through the submission of planning applications and appeals on their behalf and providing advice on development options available to land and buildings. We also assist with longer term strategic development opportunities, through the promotion of development opportunities for allocation within the Local Plan system.

I am looking to obtain planning permission for a home development project. How can Parker Dann help me with this?2021-03-20T20:38:13+00:00

We provide a complete service at Parker Dann and will be there throughout the whole planning and development process, offering advice and guidance from conception to the grant of planning permission. We will be the main point of contact – handling the planning application submission, responding to any questions local authorities may have on the submission, addressing any objections that may be raised and advising on conditions that may be attached to a planning permission.

What property development and construction services can Parker Dann offer someone looking to take on a residential development project?2020-11-26T14:42:34+00:00

At Parker Dann, we have significant experience advising on residential planning and development, and specialise in planning policy, planning enforcement, planning application submissions, certificate of lawful use applications and planning appeals. Therefore, we are able to offer not only our knowledge and experience, but a comprehensive range of planning services tailored to our clients’ needs. These include submitting and negotiating planning applications and appeals, advising on development layouts, masterplans and designs, providing guidance on financial contributions/Section 106 agreements that may be sought by local planning authorities, advising on affordable housing provision within schemes and making submissions to local planning authorities to promote land for development through the Local Plan system.

What kind of planning and development experience does Parker Dann have in the public sector?2020-11-26T14:40:36+00:00

As established chartered town planning consultants, we have an excellent working relationship with many local authorities across London and the South East and in some cases, have been appointed to give evidence on their behalf at town planning public inquiries. In other cases we have helped their property teams obtain planning permission for local authority owned land and have also advised them on development options for surplus properties. We sit on a number of planning agent panels organised by some local authorities, where we are able to discuss changes to the planning system and how best to implement them at a local level.

If you have any other questions or would like to receive professional advice from highly experienced town planning consultants whatever the scale of your project, please feel free to email us or phone us on 01273 478 654.

Go to Top